CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Sept. 14, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Forrester (Nasdaq: FORR) today announced its full conference agenda for its Security & Risk Global 2020 live virtual experience to be held September 21–23, 2020. A destination for cybersecurity, privacy, and risk leaders and professionals, the event will showcase Forrester's latest research to combat emerging cyberthreats, help attendees stay abreast of new regulatory requirements, and help them learn the latest strategies to keep enterprises secure, especially as attackers become more sophisticated and new threats emerge. This year's event will also take an in-depth look at risk management and mitigation best practices.
The event will feature more than 40 sessions, including seven keynote sessions and three in-depth breakout tracks led by Forrester analysts. Noteworthy keynotes and sessions for this year's event include:
- A New Interactive Take On "Hackers Vs. Executives." Security professionals must defend against several bot attacks — attacks that can wreak havoc for security, marketing, and business leaders. In this session, top security experts, including Signal Sciences Cofounder and Chief Security Officer Zane Lackey and White Ops Principal Threat Intelligence Hacker Dr. Russell Handorf, will demonstrate tools and techniques used by cybercriminals to create bots and evade basic detections.
- The Future CISO. There are six different types of chief information security officers (CISOs): transformational, post-breach, tactical/operational, compliance/risk, steady-state, and customer-facing evangelist. The most successful future CISOs will know their CISO type, make sure they have CISO-company fit, and prepare for what's next. This session examines how CISOs can build a roadmap for transitioning from one CISO type to another as well as strategies for obtaining future CISOs and related roles.
- Managing The Biggest Global Risks Of The Next Decade. Trade wars, pandemics, and record unemployment have led to corporations adapting and rethinking their delivery models and employees adjusting to new working challenges. Given that the decade is off to a rocky start only nine months in, this session explores the biggest global risks for the next decade and how to prepare for the unexpected.
- Connected Homes Are Leaving Their Doors Open To Enterprise Data Theft. Attackers are targeting the connected home as a weak point into the enterprise. This session describes how an increase in remote work is upping the number of connected devices per household. As a result, accounting for and mitigating consumer internet-of-things device risk must become part of an enterprise's overall endpoint security governance.
- Climate Action: Plan, Adapt, And Thrive. Too often, people assume the impact of climate change is still decades away, yet the climate crisis is already here. This session emphasizes how now is the time for organizations to develop detailed climate adaptation and action plans to mitigate risk.
- What Happens After Surviving "ZT Day." March 13, 2020 marked ZT Day, when the world was forced to adopt the Zero Trust (ZT) model given work-from-home requirements imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic. While we survived, ZT is now a global necessity for secure access. This session breaks down what ZT means for the future of organizations and how its associated technologies can help us thrive in the post-pandemic world.
"The effects of COVID-19, along with other unpredictable eruptions of systemic risk, will continue to surface over the next decade," said Stephanie Balaouras, event host and VP, group director at Forrester. "As new risks and cyberattacks become more sophisticated and privacy becomes a top priority for consumers and regulators alike, it is even more important for organizations to manage risk and minimize disruption to their businesses. This event is very timely for security, privacy, and risk professionals looking to plan for unexpected risk."
As previously announced, five-time Grammy Award winner, 2020 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, and popular music icon Michael McDonald will headline as music performer for Security & Risk Global attendees. Renowned as both a member of the Doobie Brothers and a solo artist, McDonald has also performed with a who's-who of critically acclaimed artists across a number of genres, including Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, and Elton John.
Forrester (FORR) is one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. We work with business and technology leaders to drive customer-obsessed vision, strategy, and execution that accelerate growth. Forrester's unique insights are grounded in annual surveys of more than 690,000 consumers and business leaders worldwide, rigorous and objective methodologies, and the shared wisdom of our most innovative clients. Through proprietary research, data and analytics, custom consulting, exclusive peer groups, certifications, and events, we are revolutionizing how businesses grow in the age of the customer; learn more at forrester.com.
Forrester Research, Inc.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/forrester-announces-full-conference-agenda-for-security--risk-global-2020-virtual-experience-301129746.html